Nntp Filter for Windows
Nntp Filter was prepare to help using Gravity or similar non-Mime aware newsreaders. Main goal is converting messages to one encoding for example Windows-1250 and choose proper part from multipart/alternative messages. Currently filter has also other features which can help also users of Mime aware newsreaders like Outlook Express.
Converter is easy in using. User sets in filter:
Newsreaders use Nntp filter as remote server with localhost address (or other adress when filter is on other machine or the same but accessible by other address) on 888 port (or set by user). There is no known problem with Nntp filter.
- addres and port of remote newsserver
- waiting port for newsreaders (default 888)
- client addresses (or mask) which make possible using filter for
- needed encoding
- needed content type
- adding style sheet for presentation of Html messages with colouring quotes etc
- skipping articles with Utf-8 headers on (x)over Nntp command
- killing articles using national characters in the body without encoding declaration on head/body/article/stat Nntp commands
- fixing Oe wrapping
To produce were use:
© Piotr Trzcionkowski 2000-2008